Okay. So, this past Sunday, The Lake took our first steps toward Re-opening. We had all our Volunteers in Lake Kids and Guest Services trained and ready to open our doors at 9:15 and 10:50am. The church was cleaned and sanitized for Sunday beginning on Friday and again on Saturday. All Volunteers had their temperatures checked on Sunday morning before serving, and they all wore masks. People were welcomed into the building and helped to find seating for them and their family. The energy level was high and the worship was exciting. All in all it was a good morning to be at The Lake. (I will share this with you…there are more seats to choose from at 11:00am than at 9:30am. We were right at our max capacity of 50%)
Now, we approach this Sunday; our second step in the Re-opening process. All the same steps will be taken with all our Volunteers; temperature checks before serving; a quick refresher course on expectations and responsibilities; masks and/or gloves if needed; and, a sanitizing of the facility before doors are opened. The building was actually cleaned this evening to help in preparation for this Sunday. One new adjustment to our Re-opening plan…our Lake Kids Ministry will now be open at 9:30 and 11:00am for all children, Per-K and under. Kids Paks will still be available for your child to have while sitting with you in the Worship Gathering at either 9:30 or 11:00am. As we gradually build up our Volunteer base, we will begin the process of Re-opening the entire Lake Kids Ministry on Sundays.
If you would like to join either our Lake Kids Volunteers or our Guest Services Volunteers to serve others on Sundays, please contact Amanda Stone (Lake Kids Director) or Todd and Valerie Rakes (Guest Services Leaders).
I know….there is the question about the recent Governor’s Mandate about wearing masks… “What do we do about our Worship Gatherings? Do we still get to worship together?”
This is my response to those questions, and please understand, I listened to the Governor as he shared the Mask Mandate, and I even read through the Mandate to be sure I understood what this Mask Mandate would mean for The Lake on Sunday mornings. The Mandate is for everyone to wear a mask when out in public where a 6 ft. social distancing cannot be achieved. What does this mean for this Sunday at The Lake, or any Sunday over the next several weeks? We have tried our best to create a social distancing design for seating in our Auditorium. Groups of seats (2s, 3s, & 4s) are 6 ft. apart left to right, and front to back. For now, our front row of seats are 12ft. from the stage. As a couple sitting together; no mask is required. If your family, from the same household, sits together, a mask is not required. If you choose to sit with someone you know, a friend, but not of your household, then I would ask that you wear a mask. Masks will be available if you need one. If you are comfortable wearing your own personal mask everywhere you go, then by all means, wear your mask to The Lake. We want to honor, respect, and protect everyone from the virus, and we want to do everything possible to keep our doors open for Worship Gatherings on Sunday.
If you still feel a little hesitant about being in and around crowds right away; have had a fever over 100 in the past 24 hours; have a dry cough or sore throat; loss of sense of taste; have been around anyone infected with Covid-19; or, just not sure yet…please continue to join us each Sunday Online at www.mylake.church. Remember though, our Livestream will be at 9:30am and 11:00am this Sunday, instead of 10:00am. Lake Live Online is here to stay, and we encourage you to worship with us in that manner if you so desire.
If you are planning to attend one of our Worship Gatherings this Sunday, June 28th; here are a few things you will need to be aware of:
– Our “New Lobby” will now be outside; between the parking area and the front of the building. You may use this area to gather and meet with friends while practicing “social distancing” guidelines (6 ft).
– Doors will open at 9:15am for the 9:30 Worship Gathering and 10:50am for the 11:00 Worship Gathering.
– Please, only use the Middle section of Double-Doors to enter and exit The Lake.
– These doors and the doors to Auditorium will be propped open for you to enter and exit safely. The other sets of Double-Doors will not be in use at this time.
– Our Guest Services Volunteers will be wearing masks as you enter the building, welcoming you to The Lake, directing you to the Auditorium or to Lake Kids, and they’ll be in the Auditorium to help you with seating.
Please allow our Volunteers to assist in finding you a seat since the seating has been arranged in such a way to maximize the “social distancing” guidelines. There will be a limited number of seats per row (15) and to adhere to the “50% of capacity” guidelines, we have only 75 seats set up in the Auditorium at each Worship Gathering. We do ask that you please allow our Volunteers to seat you beginning at the front of the Auditorium and working toward the back. This will help in making sure we have enough seats for all our guests. Our Guest Services Volunteers will do everything possible to help you find a seat, but please be patient as this is new for all of us.
– No Connection Cards will be handed out, but you will be encouraged to access “I’m New Here” on our website, www.mylake.church, to fill out a Connection Card. You may also take notes during the service from our website under the “Message Notes” card. If you’d prefer to bring your own notepad and take notes, you will need to bring a pen. There will be no pens in the back of our seats.
– No Offering Baskets will be passed along rows. If you have brought your tithe, or have placed it in an Offering Envelope (only one per seat pouch), there will be baskets located on tables as you leave the Auditorium. Or, you may use our website, www.mylake.church, to Give Online.
– The Lake Cafe` will not be open this Sunday. If you have to have the morning coffee to start your Worship at The Lake, then you are encouraged to bring your own coffee and/or water with you when you attend until further notice. We are asking that our water fountains not be used at this time.
– We are also having Volunteers stationed outside the Restrooms, so that after each use, the Restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected. If we can limit the use of the Restrooms, that would be greatly appreciated.
– When our Worship Gatherings come to a close, our Guest Service Volunteers will help dismiss everyone starting with the back rows and working towards the front. This is designed to avoid congestion of folks in the Auditorium. And, we ask that you exit The Lake through the Middle section of Double-Doors, unless you are picking up your children from Lake Kids, but then exit through the Middle doors. This will help limit areas to be cleaned between and after the Worship Gatherings.
I know…it’s a lot to take in and prepare for, but until all the restrictions and mandates cease, we will do all we can to make sure our Lake Family, and our guests are welcome and safe.
See you Sunday!